Thursday, February 5, 2015

Birthday Card for Goran

Hi everyone :-D  

Today I made a Birthday Card for Goran, my brother, who will turn 33 next week. 



When I saw this 'Monster' digital stamp (freebie) from Create a Smile, I knew it will be great for my brother´s birthday card. He likes funny creatures, just like his older sister, me! :-D I also used Create a Smile 'Monster Sentiment' digital stamp (freebie). 

Image is paper pieced
First I printed image and sentiment on white cardstock paper (white panel) and 3 'Monster' images on white paper (160 grams) in same size. 
I colored his body in watercoloring technique, using light blue aquarell colored pencil, paint brush and water. I love Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencils, because they can be used for coloring, sketching, drawing and watercoloring. Awesome! :-D 
I colored other parts with my new woodless colored pencils. 
Then I fussy cut all parts, colored edges with black permanent pens (used different sizes) and glued all pieces together. I also added googly eyes onto the Monster, to make him even more funny. :-D 
Here is a photo of all pieces. 

At the end I added dimensional foam behind the Monster and placed him on the white panel.

For my card layout I decided to use wonderful sketch from Your Next Stamp, designed by Julie Elak.
http://yournextstamp.com/blog/sketch-and-color-challenge-6/

I used 3 different colored cardstock papers I had in my stash for a long time. I glued all colored layers and white panel (with the image and sentiment) onto a card base, also from colored cardstock paper. At the end I draw stitches with Staedtler Lumocolor superfine permanent black pen. 

Card dimensions are 96 mm x 149 mm (3 13/16" x 5 7/8").

List of supplies:
  • Create a Smile 'Monster' digital stamp (freebie)
  • Create a Smile 'Monster Sentiment' digital stamp (freebie)
  • white cardstock paper 
  • colored cardstock papers (yellow, dark and light blue)  
  • white paper 160 grams
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencil (Light Blue 18)
  • Koh-i-noor woodless colored pencils (Chrome Yellow 1, Reddish Orange 2)
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm 
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen F (fine) 0.6 mm
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen M (medium) 1.0 mm
  • googly eye Ø 10 mm
  • googly eye Ø 8 mm
  • UHU universal glue
  • white water based glue 
  • dimensional double sided adhesive foam 
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • ruler 
  • scissors 
  • Marabu fine paint brush no.2
  • water

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.


1) Clear it Out Challenge Blog, Theme: Anything Goes, Stash: Anything Goes
My 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.com/

2) Crafting By Designs, February Anything Goes 
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.com/

3) Create a Smile February projects  
http://createasmilestamps.blogspot.de/

4) Open-Minded Crafting Challenges, Challenge #29 - No Pink and No Red
http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.com/2015/01/challenge-29-no-pink-and-no-red.html
http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.com/

 
5) The Cat´s Pajamas, TCPTUES283 - Anything Goes Challenge
http://thecatspajamasrs.com/TCP/tcp-tuesday-tcptues283-anything-goes-challenge/
http://thecatspajamasrs.com/TCP/blog/

6) Your Next Stamp, Sketch Challenge #6
http://yournextstamp.com/blog/sketch-and-color-challenge-6/
http://yournextstamp.com/blog/category/challenge/

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile :-D


Crafty Milka

8 comments:

  1. A really fun and colorful card. Love the googly ideas on the monster. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight for our no Red aor Pink Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is terrific.
    I love your idea of sticking pieces together to make it thicker - I must try that.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with googly eyes!!! What a fun take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at YNS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so totally cute.. thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab, love the googly eyes.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
    Julie DT
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Pumpkin Belly Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colour scheme for such a cute monster, and I agree Googly Eyes always make the difference. Your Brother will love this card you have made for him. Thanks for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting.
    Hugz Sammi (AngelicBadGirl) xxx
    DT OMC

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...