Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hi! Card

Hi everyone :-D

Yesterday I made this Hi! Card


I used super cute 'Birdy' digital stamp (freebie) from Create a Smile and made callout shape using MS Word. 
I printed image and callout on white cardstock paper, colored them in watercoloring technique using only one color (Tim Holtz´s Distressed Ink Mustard Seed), water and brush, fussy cut them and added transparent varnish to create glossy accents
Adding transparent varnish I managed to smear birdy´s eyes! I was sad that happened because I was really satisfied with my coloring, but that didn´t last too long. Paper piecing was solution to my problem. :-D
I printed another birdie, colored only eyes, fussy cut them, colored edges with permanent black pen, glued them over smeared eyes and added transparent varnish again, this time carefully. :-D  
After varnish was completely dry, I added dimensional foam behind the Birdy and callout, and placed them on a yellow colored panel. 
To get this lovely yellow panel, I colored white cardstock paper with Mustard Seed Distressed Ink, using blending tool, and splattered it with water, using paint brush. I´ve done this before, and if you like, you can see it here.
At the end I embellished card with black faux enamel dots I made. I found great video tutorial by ScrapTips on YouTube and had to try this. First I made glue dots with glue gun on backing paper and then colored them with Staedtler black permanent pen.

Card dimensions are 105 mm x 146 mm (4 1/8" x 5 6/8").

List of supplies:
  • Create a Smile 'Birdy' digital stamp (freebie)
  • MS Word (oval callout, font: AR Christy)
  • white cardstock paper 
  • Tim Holtz´s Distressed Ink (Mustard Seed)
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen M (medium) 1.0 mm
  • UHU universal glue
  • dimensional double sided adhesive foam  
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • scissors
  • Tim Holtz´s blending tool 
  • Marabu fine paint brush no.10
  • Marabu fine paint brush no.1
  • crafting needle 
  • Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature 
  • transparent low temperature glue stick 
  • baking paper
  • wate

I am entering my card into following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Crafting By Designs, February Anything Goes 
My 3rd entry to this challenge.
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.com/

2) Create a Smile February projects 
My 2nd entry.
http://createasmilestamps.blogspot.de/

3) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, All Creatures Great and Small
My 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

4) The Corrosive Challenge Blog, Challenge #218 - Things With Wings
My 2nd entry to this challenge.
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com/

5) Through The Craft Room, TTCRD Challenge from February 17th to February 23rd, Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile :-D


Crafty Milka

3 comments:

  1. hello Milka! now isn;t this fun? super cute CAS card, luv it, great job! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and cheerful - makes me want spring. Love your simple design it made me smile - thanks for joining us at TTCRD and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...