Saturday, April 7, 2018

I Love Math Challenge #9



Hello everyone and welcome to a new I Love Math Challenge!

This is the ninth challenge and also a 2nd Birthday of the challenge. :o)

It was like yesterday when the idea was born and I started this journey. The challenge grew since then, all because of you: Math lovers and non lovers, creators who want to explore, try new things and have fun. Thank you all!! 

Two super talented Ladies joined me on this journey, Neha and Kaja. Challenge ideas, discussions, inspiration projects, commenting, voting... Their contribution to the challenge is immeasurable. Thank you both! It wouldn't be same without you. 


If you're new to my blog and want to find more about the challenge itself and past challenges, you can find it here.


And now our new challenge theme: SPIRAL.


Spiral is a spiral curve, shape, pattern or object. 
Source: English Oxford Living Dictionaries (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/spiral)

Spiral (geometry) a plane curve generated by a point moving around a fixed point while constantly receding from or approaching it. 
Source: Dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/spiral)


Find out more about Spirals in Mathematics in an article Encyclopedia Britannica: Spiral.

If you would like to deep in Math world of spirals and find out types of spirals, visit Wolfram Math world: Spirals.

In nature, spirals are all around us: shelves, sunflowers, roses, ferns, succulent plants... galaxies, spiderwebs, fingerprints... and many many more. Follow this link to see some beautiful photos on Google. :o)


A very talented crafter from India is joining us in this challenge. It's Disha Jain of Cradle Of Creaciones.


Disha is a fan of the challenge and player. I like her unique style and elegance she gives to her creations, especially CAS cards. I've invited Disha to join us in this challenge after she won Challenge #6 and because I Love Math Challenge was the first challenge she won. :o) I'm very happy that she accepted my invitation to be a Guest Designer for this challenge. Just wait to see what she created. :o)

Here is what Disha said:
'Maths and craft when combined, make me go crazy over it. One is my favorite subject and another is my hobby and my love. I am really really honored to join this month's I Love Math Challenge as the guest designer, as this is my first ever GD post ever in the crafty world. This is all because of the trust Milka has put in me and that is really precious to me. 
The challenge theme was pretty cool: SPIRAL. Now that's the fun part here actually. I had to think a lot to come upto the mark for the GD post and the hopes which were put into my work. I have taken a background sheet with Spirals engraved on it, because it pops up the card and the theme. Also, I have created spiral handmade roses to match the theme. I have quilled the small leaves to complete the roses and also, because,I love quilling and the leaves have small spirals in the making,which is because of the quilling art.
All in all, it was a real fun to make the card and enjoyed being the Guest designer here. Please join the challenge and have creative fun with us.'


And here is Disha's GORGEOUS card. LOVE!!! :o)


Gorgeous, elegant card, amazing CAS design, black&withe with a touch of color, beautiful soft spirals in the background and spiral shaped flowers that she made by herself. AMAZING!!! I LOVE Disha's take on the challenge and her card. Jump over to Disha's blog and find more details about her card. :o)


And now inspiration from the team...


Here is Kaja's take on the challenge.


I nearly fainted when Kaja sent me photo of her card. Super cuteness overload!!! Beautiful design, super sweet scene, adorable image, beautiful colors an coloring, gorgeous spirals in the background... ♥ I love Kaja's card and how she incorporated the challenge theme into her lovely birthday card. Jump over to Kaja's blog and find more details about her card. :o)


Neha is taking a short break and not participating with a project in this challenge.


And here is my take on the challenge: CAS (clean and simple), one layer, You Make Me Smile Card.


For my card I used stamps two Jane's Doodles stamp sets: a snail from 'Garden Friends' (which is btw on SALE) and a sentiment form 'Smile' stamp set. Isn't the snail just adorable and his spiral shell fits perfect to this theme. :o)

I decided to go with one layer card, as I didn't made one for a while.

I stamped the sentiment and the snail directly on a white top folded card base.

I decided to give some love to my colored pencils, which I haven't used for a while, and colored the snail with colored pencils. I shaded the spiral shell with Stabilo Fine Liners (I added some color and smeared it with my fingers; repeated the process until I was satisfied).

As a finishing touch, I coated the spiral shell twice with Clear Wink of Stella. :o)

Card dimensions: 89 mm x 121 mm  (3 1/2" x 4 3/4")
List of supplies :
  • Jane's Doodles 'Garden Friends' stamp set (snail)
  • Jane's Doodles 'Smile' stamp set (sentiment)
  • white cardstock paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • TOZ Artist Color colored pencils
    • light yellow
    • dark yellow
    • orange
    • pink
  • TOZ Fantasy colored pencil (skin color)
  • Stabilo Fine Liners, fine 0.4:
    • yellow 88/44
    • orange 88/54
  • ZIG Wink of Stella (Gl. Clear 999)
  • eraser
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Xcut self healing working mat (grid)



Now it's your turn...

Use a spiral or spirals on your project. Create any kind of project, whatever you like, but your project must be handmade and have visible spiral(s). Any design is welcome. Project can also be crocheted, knitted or sewn.

Spiral doesn't have to be a focal point, but there must be some kind of a spiral on a project (shelves, snails, galaxy, succulents...).

More details about the challenge...

Challenge Starts: April 7th 2018, 10:00 PM CEST (UTC +2)

Challenge Ends: May 7th 2018, 09:55 PM CEST (UTC +2)


Challenge rules:
  1. Theme: Spiral(s)
  2. Spiral (or more of them) must be visible on your project. Spiral doesn't have to be in a focal point, but must be visible. If you write word 'spiral', that doesn't count in this challenge. It must be a curve, shape or an object.
  3. You don't have to be a Math Lover to join this challenge.
  4. Your creation must be new. Please do not link creation that has been posted prior to the day of the challenge.
  5. Projects must be handmade!
  6. Any stamp company/artist is welcome.
  7. If you make a card, it doesn't have to be CAS (clean and simple). Any design is welcome.
  8. You must be a blog follower.
  9. Mention the challenge in your blog post and link back to the challenge.
  10. Display Challenge badge in your blog post.
  11. Link up as many projects as you want.
  12. You are welcome to combine your project to as many challenges as you want.
  13. No blog hop and direct selling links are allowed here.
  14. Link your direct blog post and not your entire blog, so we could locate your creation.
  15. Please turn off word verification.
  16. Have fun!
I reserve the right to remove links that do not comply with challenge rules.

Prize: 
One Jane's Doodles stamp set of winners choice. Disha, Kaja, Neha and I will select four favorite projects (TOP 4), which will be featured here on my blog on May 31st 2018Among TOP 4, there will be a random draw (using Random.org) for one lucky winner who will then receive the prize. :o)
If we have 4 or less entries to the challenge, all projects will be considered as TOP projects.


I hope you'll like the new challenge theme, get inspired and join us with your Math creations. Disha, Kaja, Neha and I can't wait to see your creations. :o)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Just leave me a comment on this blog post or send me an e-mail. 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback! Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka


An InLinkz Link-up

10 comments:

  1. Oh, it's time of another Love Math Challenge! Yay! I lost the previous, but hope to play in this one! Disha's card looks very elegant, Kaja's is so sweet and yours looks so cute with that lovely smiling snail!! Well done to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome ladies!
    Cards are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and an amazing challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kako čudovite in inspiracijske so vaše čestitke. Vsaka zase je tako krasna izvedba izziva. Tvoja CAS pa: kapo dol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, now that I see all my Indian friends joining in.. let me think of a way to incorporate spiral too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on the Spiral theme by all talented girls!
    Great and clean projects! So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, glad I got time to join up this time. Spirals are fun. Will try and work a few more into my projects. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these math challenges.. Participated for the first time. Looking forward for much more fun

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...