Friday, September 11, 2015

Drummer Notebook (KBD Aloha Friday Challenge #56)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone :-D 

My second post today...

Today a new Aloha Friday Challenge starts at Kitty Bee Designs.

New challenge for this fortnight is #56 - Make Music.

Our sponsor for this challenge are Kenny K, who are giving to our lucky winner some cute digis.


For this challenge I made this Drummer Notebook, using our sponsor's beautiful image Kenny K 'Buggin Drummer' digital stamp.


First I printed the image on a white watercoloring paper. I wanted to get old photo look, so I decided to color the image in watercoloring technique with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. I like the Sepia look I got. :-D

After coloring whole image and background, I continued aging my image. I splattered background with water, then burnt all edges and distressed them after that.


I made notebook covers from corrugated cardboard I had in my stash. Inside, I added grid paper from an old notebook and tied them with thread with covers.


Then I decorated covers. I glued a piece of Kraft paper and colored image on them and decorated notebook with long fasteners and distressed wooden arrow. I also wrapped thread around the arrow. I wanted this notebook to close, so I added piece of thread inside covers, which can be easily wrapped around fasteners. I also covered inside covers with Kraft paper.


Notebook dimensions are 95 mm x 114 mm (3 3/4" x 4 1/2").

List of supplies:
  • Kenny K 'Buggin Drummer' digital stamp
  • white watercoloring paper
  • grid paper 
  • Kraft Paper (packing paper) 
  • Corrugated Cardboard
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Long Fasteners 
  • wooden arrow 
  • thread
  • UHU universal glue
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • Marabu fine paint brush no.1
  • Marabu fine paint brush no.2
  • Marabu fine paint brush no.10
  • Tim Holtz's blending tool 
  • hair dryer
  • sewing needle 
  • lighter
  • candle 
  • paper towels
  • water

Stop by the Kitty Bee Designs blog and check out lovely projects my Design Team mates created. And don´t forget to join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :-D



I am entering my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text is a direct link to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #161 - Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.com/

2) Catch The Bug Weekly Challenge, September Anything Goes Challenge
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/p/challenges.html

3) Crafting By Designs, September Anything Goes Challenge
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

4) djkardkreations, NBUS (never before used schtuff) #5 - Anything Goes
My NBUS are Kenny K 'Buggin Drummer' digital stamp and Tim Holtz Long Fasteners.
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.
http://www.djkardkreations.com/p/prior-nbus-challenges.html

5) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD Challenge from September 8th to September 14th, Anything Goes


Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog with your beautifully made monochromatic (and very masculine) card this week. Good luck in the draw - we hope to see you again soon!
    love
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great notebook!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING!!! I love the vintage look that you created with that distress ink. The watercolor on this is FABULOUS. I have never seen anything like this before and would love to recreate it but would never be able too. I don't have a lot of patience!!

    I wanted to thank you for leaving such kind comments on my blog. It was so sweet of you to stop by!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...