Thursday, April 27, 2017

Birthday Balloons Card II (LMMS Inspiration)


Hi everyone! :o)

It's Little Miss Muffet Stamps Inspiration Week and I made this CAS (clean and simple), Birthday Balloons Card II. :o)


I was a bit uninspired and had no idea what to make, so I decided to use again an adorable LMM's Forgotten Scraps 'Celebrate Balloons' rubber stamp, that is now available as digital image. How awesome is that!! I'll surely use digi too in my future projects, as it can be resized. :o)

This card is 6th card I made using the 'Celebrate Balloons' rubber stamp. This is my most used stamp. :o) You can find my previous cards using this stamp here, here, here, here and here. :o)

I went with similar design as on my previous cards using this stamp, so it's kind of a CASE. For a color combination I decided to use same colors as on my last week's LMMS card (find it here): black-grey-yellow-white. Love this color combo!!! :o)

I stamped the image on a thick watercolor paper and colored it in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. I stamped the image one more time on a top folded white card base and colored it with black marker. Then I fussy cut watercolored image, traced edges with black marker, glued foam scraps on each piece of the image and glued them over the black image.

Lastly, I heat embossed in white a sentiment on a black cardstock paper stripe, glued foam scraps on each piece of the sentiment, glued them on card and my card was finished. :o)


Card dimensions: 89 mm x 127 mm (3.5" x 5")

List of supplies:
  • LMM's Forgotten Scraps 'Celebrate Balloons' rubber stamp (now available in digital format)
  • Mama Elephant 'Starry Night' stamp set (sentiment)
  • white cardstock paper (card base)
  • Koh-i-noor pop Aquarel Watercolor Paper, 250 gms
  • black cardstock paper stripe
  • Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
    • Mustard Seed
    • Hickory Smoke
    • Black Soot
  • Stabilo Fiber Tip Pen (Marker) 68/46, Black
  • foam sheet scraps, 2 mm thick
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • scissors
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Tool
  • water
  • paper towels
  • powder bag

I hope you liked my today's card and got inspired. For more inspiration, stop by the LMMS Challenge Blog. There's still time to join us in our current Challenge #161 - Anything Goes. There is a prize for one lucky winner: $10.00 Gift Voucher to the LMMS shop. We like to select couple other projects to highlight as well. :o)


I'm entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #239 - Clean and Simple
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, April 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 7th entry to this challenge.

3) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

8 comments:

  1. You always stunning me with your amazing CAS, they have always fabulous dimensions!! Well done again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CAS card, Milka and i really like the black,grey and yellow colors. That looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you popped it off the page and the color scheme is a great combo. It's great having you on the Little Miss Muffet team! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milka you are so great using these colors only one YELLOW and the others are black white and grey coool
    your coloring really adorable I LOVE LOVE THIS CAS card from you Milka
    this can be my belated bday card I really happy if you send me this to Munich (I am serious sweety)
    many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this week
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful...love your choice of colors and your amazing images. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card! I love the CAS design and the colour combo is one of my very favourites! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simple design and muted colours - gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...