Friday, December 8, 2017

Happy Reindeer Chocolate/Candy Dispenser Box (Fairy Tale Challenge #182)


Happy Friday! :o)


I hope you're all great.

This Tuesday, December 5th, a new challenge has started over at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog. I didn't have time to share my project earlier.

Our theme for this fortnight is #182, Schokolade / Chocolate. Share a chocolate recipe, make pralines, wrap a chocolate, use an image fitting the theme.... ANYTHING!! There must be chocolate. :o)

This time our lucky winner will win this lovely mini flower bouquet stamp set.


And here is my take on the challenge: Happy Reindeer Chocolate/Candy Dispenser Box.


To make this project, I followed a tutorial by Sandie of The Paper Cave, which is shared on Stamping Bella blog. When I saw Sandie's ADORABLE box, I knew I have to make one for myself. :o)

When I finished the box and closed it, a lid didn't fit well, so I had to make a new one, slightly larger than the first one. I cut a piece of cardstock paper measuring 4 5/8" x 4 5/8" and followed steps from the tutorial. I also extended patterned paper cutouts for the lid.

For the door knob I used plastic snowflake and a brad I had in my stash. The snowflake had some glitter on it, which I didn't like, neither it fitted on my project. I tried to scratch glitter off with the scissors... It worked!!! Completely white, no glitter on it. Happiness overload!! :o) I glued the snowflake and the brad together (I used Loctite Super Gel to glue metal and plastic together) and got pretty door knob. :o)

Next up was an image.

I used an ADORABLE reindeer from Mama Elephant 'Reindeer Games' stamp set.

Image is paper pieced. I stamped the reindeer on a watercolor paper, colored him in watercolor technique with Distress Ink. Then I stamped reindeer's collar on the patterned paper, same I used for the box. I fussy cut both pieces, colored edges with black marker and glued them together. Watercolor paper I use is great and I love it, but it's not thick, so I stamped another reindeer on a white cardstock paper. I colored the reindeer completely with black marker and fussy cut him, leaving white border around him. Lastly I glued two pieces together, glued some foam on the back and placed the reindeer on the box. :o)


I wanted to keep my box as simple as possible, so I didn't add any other embellishments. Also, I love the patterned paper I used and for me it's enough. :o)

Lastly I filled the box with chocolate minis. :o)


List of supplies:
  • Mama Elephant 'Reindeer Games' stamp set
  • Crafter's Companion Bebunni Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Paper Pad
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
    • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
    • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
      • Tea Dye
      • Vintage Photo
      • Walnut Stain
      • Hickory Smoke
      • Black Soot
    • Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Markers), Black 68/46
    • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Long Fastener
    • plastic snowflake
    • UHU universal glue
    • Loctite Super Attak Gel
    • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
    • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
    • foam sheet scraps 1 mm thick
    • bone folder
    • scissors
    • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
    • paper towels
    • water

    I hope you'll like my project for this fortnight and get inspired. Stop by the Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and see gorgeous creations my Design Team Mates made for this challenge. Do join us, we can't wait to see your chocolate projects. :o)



    I'm linking my project to following challenges:
    Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

    1) Noor! Design U.K., December Challenge: Anything Goes

    2) Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, Icy Inspiration
    This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


    Milka

    4 comments:

    1. Such a sweet chocolate dispenser box, Milka!!! Adorable!! LOVE it! And the reindeer looks so cue and fun! Great project! I made a similar tea dispenser,but I haven't yet posted :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. love your adorable candy dispenser box, that reindeer is so cute, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Awwww this is adorable!! Super cute image and I love the dispenser idea. Thank you for joining us at Noor UK Design for our "Anything Goes" challenge. Happy new year to you and yours!! Hugs!

      ReplyDelete

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...